Hard drive corruption official firmware file can be a nerve-wracking event, and it’s even worse when you don’t know why it happened. Let’s take a closer look at some of the most common reasons behind hard drive corruption, ranging from those caused by a user error to hardware issues. IMyFone D-Back is one of the best iPhone recovery software that can rescue deleted data on iPod touch, iPad, and more devices. It allows to get lost WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat messages, and media content like photos, videos, contacts, messages, notes, etc.
- You can update your iPhone manually by downloading the IPSW firmware files.
- The reason why this error shows up because the backup that you have performed earlier wasn’t successful and it created a corrupted file.
- The iPhone update success depends upon the speed of your Internet.
- Which method helped you get rid of the trouble?
- As reported by MacRumors, with the new software upgrade, the Apple Watch now has new features, improvements, and bug fixes.
There are times when after connecting your phone to the system or while syncing it with iTunes, you might get an “unknown error” message like this. There would be a serial number written besides that (for instance, error 21). Firstly, you need to understand the type of error that is displayed. To do this, you can visit Apple’s listing of error types here. Please check the connection and try again. Update (xup) file format not supported.
Warning, this is pretty tech-savvy and you should think twice before trying this method if you are not a tech person. The first thing you need to do is find and download the firmware files from IPSW. Make sure that these files are meant for your specific device.
If you want to restore your iPhone, choose “Advanced Mode”. You might also try reinstalling iTunes on your computer. For that, you have to uninstall the existing software first.
Most of these errors get fixed merely by restarting your Mac. The black screen may also result from the glitches in the startup process of your Mac. Your macOS will perceive them as unavailable and eventually cause a black screen.